Sunday, December 22, 2013

Basement Renos, Ice Storms And Christmas!


Look at all of us up there!  Aren`t we just a good looking bunch of bunnies?  And a hamster?  It's our 2013 Christmas Card and Mom mailed it out to all of our friends and family :)

It's been a long time since my last post.  We've been very busy and a few things have been going on....

Last June, during an intense heatwave, the air conditioner broke down.  Well I don't have to tell you how absolutely gross it was!  It was so hot, poor Binky's whiskers were curling!  Mom and Dad called in a repairman who was less than honest, and after completely overcharging them, he forgot to reconnect the hose from the air conditioner to the output, and the basement ended up all wet :(  It warped the floors in our room and ruined the carpet so us bunnies had to move.  Due to massive flooding later that summer, our insurance company was overwhelmed with clients needing repairs, and only last weekend was the work finally finished in the basement - new floors, new under padding and a freshly cleaned carpet.

So Miss Binks and I are back in our room where we are happiest.  I will say that I am very impressed with
the new under padding.  It's much thicker and it makes my thumps sound a lot more menacing than they really are.  It's a great punctuation to my deep disapproval, which I usually need to express after Mom feels the need to pick me up and kiss me all over.

This morning we woke up to an ice storm.  It had been brewing all night and by morning all of the tree branches were hanging heavily, covered in a thick coat of ice.  They groaned and creaked and cracked all day, many of them ripping away from the trees and crashing to the ground like chandeliers.  Luckily, so far we've been safe and our power is still on, unlike many of the homes in nearby Toronto.  Here are some pictures Mom Instagrammed....



Hopefully it will warm up enough to melt all the ice and make the streets and roads safe again.  Otherwise, how is Santa Paws supposed to come on Christmas Eve and deliver my presents?!

Mom and Dad were really upset to have lost Bella Hamster in the summer.  They knew she was old when they adopted her and that their time with her would be short, but 6 weeks just didn't seem fair, and they miss her very, very much.  But as we all know, Mom and Dad have very big hearts and a few weeks later, Mom found a sweet little albino hamster who needed a home.  Because he was white and had red eyes, people thought he was scary and he kept getting passed over for adoption.  Mom thought he was just the most adorable little thing she'd ever seen (other than me of course) and she traveled an hour and a half to adopt him.  His name is Houdini and he has turned out to be quite the funny and energetic little guy!  He is especially attached to Dad and loves to snuggle with him.  Here is a picture of him and Dad watching hockey, and some funny shots of him crawling all over Mom...



Ana Banana continues to be a grouchy little bunny.  That's just the way she is and Mom and Dad love her that way.  Mom and Dad like to invite her up on their bed and give her cuddles, or at least try to give her cuddles.  It takes her a while to stop digging in the blankets and settle down for a rest.  That's when Mom moves in and gives her head scritches and massages.  But the other week, as Mom leaned in for a snorgle, Ana Banana got a little excited and Mom ended up with a bite on her head!  Ha!  Luckily Mom captured the funny moment....

I'm not sure, but I think Ana is smiling in this picture...

Us bunnies have been very good this year.  I told Santa Paws all I wanted was treats so hopefully by my keeping it simple and straight to the point, I will stick my head in my stocking Christmas morning and find lots of noms!!!  I'm a very lucky bunny.  I have my beautiful Binky who keeps me warm each and every day and I have a wonderful life in a home that is full of love and happiness.  I want to wish all of my peeps out there a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!  I hope that you all get what you want for Christmas and you take an extra moment to love your human(s) and spread the joy <3 p="">

Smooches and Snorgles,

Fluffy McFluffersons

1 comment:

I Love You More Than... said...

My little buns name is Houdini! Great name.