Monday, September 14, 2009

Butters Goes Viral

*sigh* It's hard living with a celebrity squirrel. You may wonder who I am talking about - I am talking about Butters. Nutters and Butters are the neighbourhood squirrels and a few weeks ago, Butters went on holiday to Banff, Alberta. All it took was a chance appearance in someone else's photograph and BOOM! He's a star! Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

In case you didn't hear about his little adventure, read up on it here.

So, ever since that photo was taken and posted on the internet, the fame has gone right to his head. He screams for peanuts all the time. "Hey Fluffy! Tell that Mom of yours to fill up that feeder with peanuts, pronto! Doesn't she know who I am? I'm Crasher Squirrel (his internet nickname)! I can eat at any old feeder I want - she should be so lucky I choose this one!"

"Yeah sure, Butters! Maybe you should button it rather than screech at me from that tree top! Don't like the service? Feel free to eat somewhere else!"

But he still hangs around. He would miss Nutters too much if he left - even if they are not the best of friends, they do find each other good company. But Butters is getting very annoying. He seems to think it's funny to just pop up in any old picture that is being taken. See the one above? There I was, in the backyard trying to relax in the hammock when Mom, overcome with my adorableness, decided to capture the moment. And then, at the very last second, Crasher Squirrel sticks his head in the shot!

"Butters! That's the third picture you've ruined!" Mom scolded. "Oh please! I just made that picture worth big bucks! You could sell it on eBay. Put me on Fluffy's blog! It'll double, even triple the hits!" he said. Who knew fame could wreak such havoc on the mind of a squirrel?

Butters has decided to take his act on the road and go on tour, so keep your eyes peeled. The next time you are about to capture a precious moment, have a quick look around to make sure that fame-seeking Butters isn't lurking nearby, ready to ruin the moment!

Fluffy

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Oh Fluffy, you look so adorable there in your hammock, I hardly even noticed the intruding Butters! Maybe he will get famous and move to Hollywood??

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

u shoods be da star!! not sum dum skwerl... skwerls iz neersited and vain n stuf.

The Bunns said...

Forget it Fluffs ... that squirrel will flame out ... but Bunns are forever!