Friday, January 25, 2008

Hide & Seek


Mom and Dad suck at Hide & Seek. Okay, we weren't really playing Hide & Seek, but it ended up kinda like that, and Mom and Dad weren't too impressed.

It all started off with me noticing that Mom had left the barrier open to the room where we live, so I took it upon my self to do a little exploring. Just outside of our room is the laundry room, the furnace room, the storage room, a door to the garage and stairs that go up. We haven't been living here that long so I had a lot of exploring to do....

I found a neat space between the dryer and the cabinet - just big enough for me to sqirm down. I ended up behind the dryer. It was very dusty back there but there were lots of interesting tubes and whatnot to wiggle in and around. I followed a tube to a hole in the cabinet and, being the curious bunny I am, thought I had better check out where it goes to. Luckily for me there was just enough space for me to squeeze through.

Not sure where I ended up but it sure was dark. I couldn't see very well. There wasn't much there, just some black space, and I got a little worried because I realized I couldn't figure out how to get out. But I didn't worry. Someone would find me. Eventually.

I can't say how long I was there. Seemed like quite some time. I didn't know when Mom or Dad might be coming downstairs so I hunkered down for the wait. I waited and waited.....and waited.....

Finally! I heard Dad coming down the stairs and prepared for him to set me free. I heard him talking all goo-goo gaa-gaa to Binky, and then I heard him call my name. Then he called it again. And again and again and again.....

I heard him moving things. He kept calling. Then he was gone. Hello? I'm in here! Let me out!

Then I heard Dad and Mom. Their voices were muffled but I heard bits and pieces of "...can't find him....gotta be somewhere.....FLUFFY!.....let's not panic...." Hello! Over here! Come on, it's dark in here! But they never came.

More rustling, things moving, my name being called. "FLUFFY!!!!!!" I began to sense a twinge of panic in their voices.

OVER HERE! Sheesh!

More muffled voices... "...flashlight.....storage area.....couldn't be outside......move these boxes...." I heard the entire contents of the storage area being moved, I heard distant, pannicked calls of "Fluffy! Where are you?", I heard Mom getting upset and trying to stay calm. Then I heard the treat bag. "Treat time, Fluffy! Come get some treats!" Oh, treats! Am I missing treats?! Over here! Let me out! I'm over here!!!!!

I heard a loud scraping noise and some banging nearby - they were getting close! Their voices got louder and I could see the flickering of the flashlight in the darkness of my predicament. "Behind the dryer, what's that hole? Where does it go? THE CABINET!!!!"

And WHOOSH! A door swung open and light flooded in all around me. "FLUFFY!!!!" Dad picked me up and gave me hugs. Then Mom swiped me from him and squeezed me so tight I thought my head was going to pop off. She burried her face in my fur. And then I could feel her tears. She was crying.

I felt bad. I didn't mean to go and get lost. And if I could talk, I would have called out. I was worried they were going to be angry with me, but instead they just mauled me and kissed me all over. I didn't mean to make Mom cry. I guess it just means she loves me - which is always nice to know, 'cause I love her, too. And I love Binky. She's my girlfriend.

When the maul-fest was over I ran to Binky's side. "Where have you been Fluffy? Mom and Dad were going crazy trying to find you."

"Oh, just out having a bunny misadventure I guess. I got lost someplace dark. I didn't think they'd ever find me."

"Well you just stay close to me from now on." Binks said as she started giving me ear licks. And I mean who would want to stray far from a bunny giving you ear licks? Not me, that's for sure.

A few days later I tried to re-trace my steps but for some reason, everything is blocked off now. Oh well. I guess my days of exploring are over....for now.

Fluffy

1 comment:

Deb Cushman said...

Wow! That was quite a misadventure! I was worried for you as I read that. So glad your mom & dad found you. Sorry about the mauling, but congrats on the ear licks!
Freckles