Monday, August 1, 2011

Keeping Cool


Ugh.  The heat.......the heat is unbearable!  I flop all day.  Sometimes I can't even lift my head to get a drink of water......parched, overcome.......

"Fluffy, you live in an air conditioned basement."  Mom!  I'm trying to be dramatic!

Mom says it's way too hot out for any of us bunns to go outside so I pretty much spend the entire day looking out the patio doors watching the grass continue to turn yellow.  Nutters and Butters, the neighbourhood squirrels, haven't been around for days and even the birds are too hot to chirp.  You know it's hot when the sea gulls at the local Tim Hortons walk around with their beaks wide open.  Why do they continue to sit atop lampposts in the glaring heat?  They're birds.  They're seagulls.  Go fly to some water and go for a swim!  There must be a Tim Hortons somewhere along the lake.....

Yeah, Binks and I are pretty lucky to have the air conditioning.  Not a lot of snorgling is going on though - too much body heat.  "Fluffy, my whiskers are curling.  Let's cuddle later...."

So Mom decided to spoil us with a perfect summer treat - watermelon!  Now, it's been a year since we had watermelon so I think I forgot how good it is, as you can see in the video above.  Miss Binks pretty much turned up her nose at it, she says it makes her whiskers sticky.  Me?  I don't care.  Nothing a good face wash won't take care of.  And by the time morning rolled around, that watermelon was pretty much gone.

So here's to watermelon, yellow grass, parched seagulls and ridiculous humidex readings.  And of course, to the air conditioner that makes it all survivable.....

Fluffy

2 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Mmm...watermelon! Just the look of it is cooling.

SixBunnies said...

Wow, that's a niiiice basement you have there bunnies! Better give mom an extra kiss for letting you have that nice place!