Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who Invited The Giant Rabbit?!

Seriously?!  I mean, I know that even though I go by the name Big Tough Lop around here, I am only 3 and  a half pounds.  But that doesn't mean that I don't think I am the biggest rabbit in this house.  Well, not anymore.....

This is Pika.  She is a Flemmish Giant.  She weighs 17 pounds.  That is not a typo.  17 pounds.

We are bunnysitting Pika while her Pappy is in Japan.  She has been here for a while already - I thought I smelled something "funny" coming from upstairs - turns out it was her.  Mom and Dad plopped me down on the little carpet to get a picture of us together.  I wasn't there for long because Mom and Dad didn't want me picking up her scent and taking it back downstairs where it would surely set off fireworks between Miss Binks and I - and not the good ones either.  Binky hates the smell of strange bunnies and if she can smell one and not see one, I'm the one that gets the nips in the bum!

So they plop me down just long enough for me to look up and go "Whoa Nellie!  What the heck is that?  Is that a rabbit?!"  Then I heard "Say Cheese!" and there was a flash and I was whisked off back to the basement where I told Binks of my adventure....

"Binks, you should have seen her - she was huge!"  I told her. "Really?  How huge?  Like salad-plate-huge?"

"No, bigger than that!"

"Like hidey-house-huge?"

"Nope!  Think bigger!"

"Really?!  How about litter-box-huge?"

"Yeah, that's more like it, litter-box-huge!  Her ears were as long as my entire body!  Her feet were like big, fluffy cobs of corn!  And her buntocks - oh my bunn - she was like a beachball!"  I explained.

"Oh Fluffy, are you sure?  I find this hard to believe..." Binks said suspiciously.  "No, really!  I saw it with my own eyes!"

"Fluffy, you really need to stop imagining such silly things!  Honestly....the next thing you know, you'll tell me her poops were the size of meatballs!"

"Well, almost....they were more like chocolate covered almonds...."

"Oh Fluffy, you silly Little Man.  Get over here and give me licks before I start believing you!"  So over I hopped and it wasn't long before we were in a full-on snorgle.  Maybe Binks is right.  Maybe I did imagine it.  It did seem pretty unreal to me when it happened.  I guess for now I will go back to thinking I am the biggest bunny in this house.  Yes, that's much better......

Fluffy

5 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

wow - it must have been weird to see such a big bunny!

Hef's Mom said...

Did you see the giant bunny on tv? I wouldn't show Hef, didn't want him to feel bad!

Tamsin said...

Wow, just think how many carrots it took to get that big!

Christina said...

Now that is a BIG bun yet very attractive. I dont blame you for being a tad alarmed and disbelieving tho.

The Bunns said...

We had one here for awhile too. Marnie. But she was very gentle and calm and liked everybun! Then she died. Sad.

Hola to Miss Binks.