Monday, February 8, 2010

Spreadin' The Love


It's that time of year - Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  So of course, this little post is going to be about my one and only girl, Miss Binky Binkowski.

We bonded almost instantly - it really was love at first sight.  We met in the bathroom of Mommy's old condo.  I ran up to her and gave her a good sniff and she sniffed me too.  I was so excited to see such a pretty girl bunn!  I had been living in a small cage in a shelter so I was happy not only to be able to run around but to also meet such a pretty girl on my very first day in my new home!

Mom knows now she should have been more cautious about the bonding, taking the time to do it right - but really, right from the first time I laid eyes on her, I was in love...

"Awww Fluffy, you are so sweet!  I knew as soon as I saw you, too, that you and I were going to be together forever!  Such a handsome bunny - I was so glad you were going to stay!"

Well, we sniffed and sniffed and then I made the move.  I mounted her...and well, the rest is history!  Within a week we were sharing everything, and we have not looked back since.

We've had our ups and downs, like when I had head tilt and when Binky lost her sight, but we have never forgotten how much we love each other.  Mom and Dad say we inspire them to be better people and remind them to always love one another.  Well, I sure do love my Binky Girl.  "And I love you too, Fluffy...."

So Hoppy Valentine's Day everyone.  Take the time to snorgle someone special this year, whether it be your significant other, a parent or child, a pet, a best friend or your favourite teddy bear.  We could all use a little more lovin' in this world....

Fluffy

8 comments:

Peanut said...

They are so sweet :)

Christina said...

I love this tale. My three bonded boys had health issues, including head tilt. They all became fast friends. What a lovely story

Lisa Alto said...

Sigh! My heart just melts watching this pair!
My two groom each other and snuggle up in exactly the same way... but they are brothers, so not quite as romantic!
Love you binky and fluffy! Happy Valentines xxx

Carmen S. said...

Awwww....true love at it's finest! I'm so happy you two love each other, my 2 bunns have to live apart as they don't share any love, lol!

Lisa said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. We too, are inspired, by Fluffy and Binky's love, which we check in regularly to delight in. We are also inspired by Sogna and Biff's love, a true odd couple who complement each other so perfectly, a shy traumatized girl in recovery, and the ever-brave big tough lop who has appointed himself her sole protector.

Happy Valentines Day, Binky & Fluffy, and their Mom & Dad. Enjoy.

Crafty Green Poet said...

derful video of bunny love, such a sweet story....

Crafty Green Poet said...

oops, not sure what happened in my previous post, wonderful was what i meant....

The Bunns said...

Outstanding work Fluffy. Thanks for the reminder.