Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year, Clean Bill Of Health!

Hoppy New Year everybunny!  I hope we all had a safe and happy holiday and are starting the new year off right.  We always start off our new year with a trip to the vet for our annual check ups.

Here I am with Dr. Deb - she is our fabulous vet and she takes very good care of us.  I like her because she is gentle and she also has bunnies of her own so she knows how to handle us really well.  In this picture she is checking my tummy.  She says I am a real light-weight - HUMPH!  She should ask my Stupid Blankets about that!  Mom told her I have the type of metabolism she wishes she had - I eat everything in sight, have way too much energy and never gain an ounce.


Here I am on the scale. Mom had to give me a raisin to get me to sit still long enough for Dr. Deb to get my weight. 3.1 pounds - exactly the same as last year! I guess this means I can still eat all I want, right? YAY!  Ears, check!  Teeth, check!  Nail clipping, check!  All is good - and that's exactly what Mom and Dad wanted to hear.



Binky was up next - here she is getting her ears checked.  She was a bit fussy but that's because she is a Diva and doesn't like it when Dr. Deb sticks that scope in her mouth to see her teeth.  Her one pink eye was buldging out of her head like it always does when she gets stressed, but Dada was there to snorgle her and tell her all was going to be okay.  She is in good health as well, good teeth, clean ears and also the same weight as last year.  Binky won't let me tell you her weight - she says it's none of anybun's business and ladies never share that sort of information.  What-ever.

Scooter and Ella also got a check up and all is good with them as well.  Mom got some more saline for Ella's goopy eye, picked up a new package of Critical Care (just in case of an emergency) and we were good to go!  None of us really like going to the vet but Dr. Deb is sweet and gentle to us and we always get raisins for being good bunnies!

So we have started off the year in top form!  When we got home, Miss Binks and I got right down to snuggling right after she had a few slurps of water.  "Fluffy, I'm glad we're home.  I don't like going to the vet.  It smells funny there...." she said.  "I know!  What IS that smell?  I guess we will just have to cuddle real close and rub our own scents all over each other to get rid of it, won't we?"  She squished her head under my chin.  "Start right here, Fluffy...."  So I did as I was told and groomed the top of her sweet little head as her one eye closed and a light snore filled the air.....

Fluffy

8 comments:

Fez and the Gang said...

Why would you post this!?!? Don't give my mom any ideas!!!!

Carmen S. said...

Glad all is well and glad you have a smart vet that knows bunnies! I worked for a vet. clinic with 5 Drs. and only one of them knew about bunnies at all, very scary!

Gaina said...

I am owned by a cat personally, but it's always incredibly stressful to take him for his check-up because he's my baby so I share your relief that all is well :).

Lisa said...

Awwww. We really don't like the vet either. Glad to hear you're well. And Fluffy always makes us laugh.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Glad to hear you all got a clean bill of health and I bet you really enjoyed those snuggles once you got home!

Deb Cushman said...

We think Dr. Deb must be a really great vet, 'cuz she has a wonderful name =;-)

We are glad everyone is in tip top shape!

RG said...

Say McFluff ... I think we had this discussion last year about now, but you don't suppose you could sneak me an apointment with that cute Vet could you???? Just tell her I'm a rabbit and I'll handle the rest when I get there ....

Natasha said...

Adorable :) Glad you all checked out with good health!