Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas


Okay, I know, I don't look very merry in the picture. This is what Mom and Dad do to us every year. Somewhere down the line they got this absurd idea that rabbits like to be dressed up. I wasn't the only one. Binky got dressed up, too. And so did Ella and Scooter. I even think I saw Boo wearing a toque as well. "Get this hat off me, Mom!" "But Fluffy, you look quite jaunty!" "I have no idea what that word means but I have a pretty good idea I want none of it!" "Well, just hold still and smile for the camera..."


That's Mom holding me very tightly, just mere seconds before I escaped her grasp and flew around the room like a bucking bronco trying to get that hideous outfit off of me. The scarf flew off easily enough but the hat was a little tougher. Oh boy, once I got it off my head, I grabbed it in my teeth and shook it like a rag doll! Then I dug at it over and over again. I tossed it in the air a few times, too! "Take that, you stupid hat! And stay away from my head!"


And why does this happen? Because it's Christmas. Mommy says Santa Paws is coming in two more sleeps - I'm so excited! I've tried really hard to be a good bunny all year and I think I have this year in the bag! I've been super-sweet to my girlfriend Binks and well, I let Mom and Dad dress me up in that rediculous get-up so that has to count for something. Although I think the whole paint-tray episode set me back a bit - but that wasn't entirely my fault (see earlier post). And my fur has grown back in very nicely, thanks for asking.
Our stockings were hanging by the fireplace but Mom took them down after I chewed the "Y" off of Binky's stocking. Sorry, the gold glitter glue was just so tempting! Mom says Santa Paws will fill up our stockings with treats and leave us presents, "But only if you are good little bunnies, so eat your hay and your veggies and don't chew the walls." Okay, I think I can manage that.
So what does a bunny ask for for Christmas anyway? Here is my letter to Santa Paws...
"Dear Santa Paws,
My name is Fluffy Bunny and I live with my girlfriend Binky, my Mom and Dad and two other rabbits and a hamster. I have been a very good boy this year. For Christmas, I would like some treats, maybe some of those apple thingies Mom makes. And I think I might like a new toy. That's about all. I'm pretty easy to please. And bring some stuff for Binks as well. She has tried to be good and other than the fight she got into with Scooter, she has been an angel. She's my angel anyway - I love her! Thank you for listening and I hope you got our new address because we just moved. Check with Canada Post, they have it. Travel safe Santa Paws!
Love Fluffy Bunny"
See? I didn't ask for much, that's the key. I hope I get what I ask for, but even if I don't, that's okay. So long as I have Binks and my family, I will be the happiest bunny ever. Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope Santa Paws is good to you, too!
Fluffy


No comments: